CHD Awareness - Show Your Support
Congenital Heart Defects cause one or more portions of the heart to develop abnormally. Absent, narrow or leaky heart valves and blood vessels, holes in the walls between chambers, transposed arteries and under-development or total absence of one or more components are all possible.
* Cyanosis: a bluish hue
* Heart Failure: breathless, sweaty, irritable child
* Heart Murmur: on medical exam
* Arrhythmias: rhythm problems
* Rarely none !
CHD : The Facts
* Occurs in 8 of every 1,000 live births
* About 3,00,000 Indians born with CHD each year
* 32,000 babies with CHD every year in the U.S. alone
* Atleast 35 distinct forms recognized
* Mortality from CHD is decreasing
* But CHD incidence has not declined.
You can help spread CHD awareness. Visit the CHD awareness website to see how you can help.
Join the CHD awareness email list. Download a free copy of the special report called "How YOU Can Help Spread CHD Awareness".